Friendship Ark Homes and Community Services is a community-based organization that serves adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families. We were started from a grassroots movement of families working to develop supports to meet the diverse needs of individuals seeking community services.
Friendship Ark Homes and Community Services has continued to grow and evolve along with the changing needs and issues people with disabilities and their families face. Governed by a volunteer board of directors and managed by key staff, we work passionately to uphold our vision that individuals served have access to information, skills and participation as active citizens of our community.
Friendship Ark Homes and Community Services has a demonstrated record of success in achieving the outcomes as outlined in individual plans. Our staff and volunteers are vital in providing the supports and services crucial to achieving these goals. Our organization offers services that are personalized to meet the needs of the individual. We rely on the principals that the organization was founded on while staying relevant today.
A Few Facts about Friendship Ark
- Incorporated in 1999; started serving adults with disabilities in 2000
- Total number of core members served: 25 in 24-hour group homes, 11 in hourly Supported Community Living,
28 in Day Habilitation
- Current waiting list has 26 referrals for 24-hour supports
- Employ over 50 full-time and part-time staff
- Annual operating budget of over $2,000,000
- Mortgage free on all long-term owned properties
- 3-Year Accreditation (highest given) from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehab Facilities (CARF)
- Services fees are paid for by the Home and Community Based Services Waiver through Medicaid
- An endowment established through the Story County Community Foundation makes donors eligible for the
Endow Iowa Tax Credit
- Current Capital Campaign to raise $450,000 to build a fifth home and reduce the waiting list
Friendship Ark Homes and Community Services provides a variety of supports that allow individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to thrive.
Questions? Email Us
HOW CAN I VOLUNTEER?