Donate Now


Ways you can Give


Friendship Ark is witnessing growing demand for both homes and community services at the same time that some funding sources are expected to decline. We encourage you to think about three ways you can support the meaningful work underway at Friendship Ark. (1) Donate toward maintenance of homes and/or vehicles, (2) Contribute to the endowment fund; or (3) Consider a deferred gift. Learn more below....



Help us maintain our homes and vehicles

Friendship Ark operates six homes specifically constructed for the needs of adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We completed construction of our sixth home in the fall of 2020, allowing us to welcome five new core members from our waiting list. The construction of our homes has been made possible through many generous gifts. In order to help our core members to be integrated into their community, we operate a fleet of 16 vehicles.


One way you can help us continue to be able to provide a high level of services to our core members is to make a donation toward the upkeep and maintenance of our homes and vehicles.


Your gifts may be cash or marketable securities.

You may benefit from tax savings if you contribute assets that have grown in value. When considering how to complete your gift, please consult with your tax advisor.

Endowment Growth


An endowed fund designated for Friendship Ark at the Story County Community Foundation (SCCF) is intended to help Friendship Ark sustain and expand its services.

Five percent of the endowment balance is available to support Friendship Ark programs and services each year.

Gifts to qualified SCCF endowed funds are eligible for Endow Iowa Tax Credits (EITC). Taxpayers may take a 25% Iowa tax credit in addition to the normal federal income tax deductions for charitable gifts up to $300,000 per taxpayer per year. The $6 million allocated for EITC each year is available until the funds have been used. Additional information is available from SCCF: 515-232-9200, [email protected].

Deferred Gifts

With an eye to the future, Friendship Ark is working with people who want to ensure that the organization will be strong for years to come. This can be done in a variety of ways, such as:


Life insurance: You can name Friendship Ark as a beneficiary on a new or existing policy. Even a small percentage can make a difference. For example, you could designate 10% to your favorite charity while the other 90% could still be designated to your family. 


Will: You can name Friendship Ark as a beneficiary of a specific dollar amount or a percent of your estate.


Charitable remainder trust: Depending on your current and future income needs, a charitable trust can offer several advantages. You transfer an asset to the trust, take the tax deduction, and receive income from the trust during your lifetime. Friendship Ark will receive the proceeds that remain.


For more information about supporting Friendship Ark, contact
Executive Director, Jennifer Ellis at:

515.292.9556 or

[email protected]

Friendship Ark Homes and Community Services provides a variety of supports that allow individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to thrive.

Questions? Email Us